....The Villa's History..De Historie van de Villa.... 


 

....The Neighbourhood - Trompenberg..De Buurt - Trompenberg....

....The elevated Gooi is one of the oldest inhabited areas in the Netherlands. This stretch of land is part of the Utrechtse Heuvelrug (ridge), which was formed during the penultimate Ice Age and rises approx. 27 m above NAP (Amsterdam Ordnance Datum). ..Het hooggelegen Gooi is een van de oudste bewoonde streken van Nederland. Dit stuk land maakt deel uit van de Utrechtse Heuvelrug die werd gevormd tijdens de voorlaatste IJstijd en ligt ci. +27 m boven NAP.....

....The Trompenberg district takes its name from Cornelis Tromp (1629 - 1691), the same gentleman who commissioned country estate De Trompenburgh in ‘s-Graveland. Cornelis Tromp was one of the most important admirals during the Dutch Golden Age. On clear days, Tromp walked from his country estate to the highest point in ‘t Gooi to watch the ships sailing on the Zuiderzee. Both the hill and its surroundings were rugged wilderness. Tromp obtained permission from “Stad en Lande van Gooiland” to revegetate the hill, which allowed him to enjoy the view from the comfortable shade of the trees. ..De wijk Trompenberg ontleent zijn naam aan Cornelis Tromp (1629-1691) de bouwheer van de buitenplaats De Trompenburgh te ‘s-Graveland. Cornelis Tromp was een van Nederlands belangrijkste vlootvoogden, admiraal in de Gouden Eeuw. Tromp liep vanuit zijn buitenplaats naar het hoogste punt in ‘t Gooi om bij helder weer de schepen op de Zuiderzee te zien varen. Zowel de heuvel als de omgeving bestond uit woeste grond. Tromp kreeg toestemming van “Stad en Lande van Gooiland” om de heuvel te beplanten, zodat hij in de schaduw van de bomen kon genieten van het uitzicht.....

 
dC-MC-L-Aleida.jpg
dC-Marg_Carol-schildert2.jpg
Santa Rosa.jpg

....It was not just Cornelis Tromp who found his haven in ‘t Gooi. During the 17th century, wealthy people from Amsterdam started coveting their own house on the hill. Wealthy people from Amsterdam left the city in the summer to spend time at their country estates in the Trompenberg quarter in Hilversum. Because of the big demand for more villa quarters, many professionals converged in Hilversum. The architects who relocated to - or carried out work in - ‘t Gooi were already well respected and celebrated, such as the De Groot brothers, Merkelbach, Verschuyl, Dudok, Kloppers, J.W. Hanrath, A. Salm, London, H.P. Berlage, Simons, Elling, and De Bazel. ..Niet alleen Cornelis Tromp vond zijn toevlucht in ’t Gooi. In de 17e eeuw werd de belangstelling van rijke Amsterdammers voor een huis op de heuvel alsmaar groter. In de zomers verplaatsten de welvarende Amsterdammers zich met de trein naar hun buitenplaatsen in de Trompenberg Hilversum. Door de grote vraag naar aanleg van villaparken trok dit veel professionals naar Hilversum. De architecten die verhuisden naar of werk verrichten in ‘t Gooi waren van grote faam zoals de gebroeders de Groot, Merkelbach, Verschuyl, Dudok, Kloppers, J.W. Hanrath, A. Salm, London, H.P. Berlage, Simons, Elling en De Bazel.....

....The street names in this exclusive residential district refer to the residents of the country homes. ..De straatnamen in de villawijk verwijzen naar de bewoners van de buitenplaatsen.....

dC-Gideon_Jeremias-koets.jpg
 

....The Villa and her Residents..De Villa en haar bewoners....

....One of the families who started traveling between Amsterdam and 't Gooi was De Clercq family. They spent their Dutch summers at the Trompenberg from as early as 1876. After a while, Villa Santa Rosa at Dennenlaan number 1 was acquired as their permanent holiday home (1894 - 1955). ..Zo vertrok ook de familie de Clercq al in 1876 in de Nederlandse zomers richting de Trompenberg. Zij kochten het object Villa Santa Rosa aan de Dennenlaan (1894-1955) nummer 1 als vast buitenhuis.....

....The construction date of this villa predates before 1884. In 1893, G.J. de Clercq had a painting studio added for his daughter. The commission was carried out by architect Abraham Salm, which is apparent from the detailed roof edges and decorated hearths around the open fireplaces. Abraham Salm is also known for his work on the Artis aquarium in Amsterdam and Keizergracht Church in Amsterdam. Examples of his work in Hilversum are the Quatre Brass Coach House at ‘s Gravelandseweg 144 dating from 1898, Villa Corvin at  Bergweg 33 from 1893, and Cottage Beau Regard at Jacobus Pennweg 16 from 1892. ..Het bouwjaar van de villa ligt vóór 1884. In 1893 is de villa i.o.v. G.J. de Clercq uitgebreid met een schildersatelier voor zijn dochter. Deze verbouwing is uitgevoerd door architect Abraham Salm. Dit is voornamelijk te herkennen aan het detailwerk van de dakranden en schouwen van de openhaarden. Abraham Salm is onder andere bekend van zijn werk aan Artis-aquarium in Amsterdam en de Keizersgrachtkerk in Amsterdam. Werken in Hilversum zijn bijvoorbeeld het Koetshuis van Quatre Bras uit 1898 aan de ‘s Gravelandseweg 144, Villa Corvin op Bergweg 33 uit 1893 en Cottage Beau Regard aan de Jacobus Pennweg 16 uit 1892.....

....The villa served as a country house/residential address for the De Clercq family from 1887 to 1933. Gideon Jeremias de Clercq and his wife Anna Kleinmann had two sons and three daughters. Marguerite Caroline and Louise both lived in Villa Santa Rosa until they passed away. ..De villa heeft van 1887 tot 1933 als buitenhuis/woonhuis gefunctioneerd voor de familie de Clercq. Gideon Jeremias de Clercq en zijn vrouw Anna Kleinmann hadden twee zoons en drie dochters. Marguerite Caroline en Louise hebben alle twee tot hun dood geleefd in Villa Santa Rosa.....

....After this, many names (sometimes several in the same year) can be found under this address in the Hilversum Population Register that was started in 1850. Between 1934 and 1942, names include H.J Welle, P.M Tjebbes-Hoevers, P. Grootendorst, A.C. Boom, and the Rikken family for Dennenlaan 1 in Hilversum. ..Daarna zijn er vele namen (soms meerdere in hetzelfde jaar) op dit adres terug te vinden in het bevolkingsregister van Hilversum dat vanaf 1850 is bijgehouden. Tussen 1934 en 1942 zijn onder andere de namen H.J Welle, P.M Tjebbes-Hoevers, P. Grootendorst, A.C. Boom en de familie Rikken terug te vinden op Dennenlaan 1 te Hilversum.....

....The new street name Chr. de Wetlaan is a reference to Christiaan Rudolph de Wet, South-African Boer General. ..Later werd de nieuwe straatnaam Chr. de Wetlaan die verwijst naar Christiaan Rudolph de Wet, een Zuid-Afrikaans Boerengeneraal. ....

 

....The Family Theunissen..De Familie Theunissen….

....The Theunissen family (Wil and Toos) took over the Rikken family’s guesthouse in 1954. They moved from the Achterhoek to ‘t Gooi and lived on the top floor of the villa, where they raised their son and three daughters. Guesthouse De Dennen was home to six elderly guests on average, who were cared for by Wil and Toos day and night. Guests from prominent families, sometimes demanding, but pleasant guests in hindsight. Most guests remained until the end of their lives. ..In 1954 heeft de familie Theunissen (Wil en Toos) het pension van de familie Rikken overgenomen. Zij verhuisden van de Achterhoek naar ’t Gooi en woonden op de bovenste verdieping van de villa. Hier stichtten zij hun gezin bestaande uit drie dochters en één zoon. In pension De Dennen woonden gemiddeld zes oudere gasten die dag en nacht verzorgd werden door Wil en Toos. Gasten van goede komaf, soms veeleisend maar terugkijkend fijne gasten. De meeste gasten bleven tot het eind van hun leven.....

....The son of the family, Pieter-Jan Theunissen, took over the guesthouse for the elderly on 15 January 1988. He lived in the former painting studio next to the guesthouse with his wife Caroliene. The studio was very cosy, but rather small for a growing family. ..Op 15 jan 1988 heeft de zoon van het gezin, Pieter-Jan Theunissen, het bejaardenpension overgenomen. Samen met zijn vrouw Caroliene bewoonden zij het voormalige schildersatelier naast het pension. Het atelier was heel knus maar wel klein, zeker voor de gewenste gezinsuitbreiding.....

....Pieter-Jan and Caroliene build an entirely new home in the place of the painting studio. While construction of the new house was underway, Pieter-Jan and Caroliene and their new-born daughter Nadine lived in a downstairs room at the villa. The family still live next to Villa Trompenberg to this very day. ..Pieter-Jan en Caroliene hebben een nieuwe woning laten bouwen op de plaats van het schildersatelier. In de periode van de bouw van het nieuwe huis hebben Pieter-jan en Caroliene, en de inmiddels geboren oudste dochter Nadine, een aantal maanden in de benedenkamer gewoond van de villa. Tot op de dag van vandaag is het gezin woonachtig naast Villa Trompenberg.....

....In 1993, Pieter-Jan and Caroliene closed the guesthouse for the elderly and decided to continue as Hotel “De Dennen”. Because this name was difficult to pronounce for foreign guests, it was changed to Hotel “Villa Trompenberg”, with its reference to the history of this villa quarter. Villa Trompenberg has undergone many metamorphoses to meet the demands and expectations of the day. Over its 138-year existence, the villa has attracted many loving residents and regular guests and has seen loving owners who only wanted the best for both their residents and the villa. ..In 1993 hebben Pieter-Jan en Caroliene besloten het pension voor ouderen te sluiten en verder te gaan als Hotel “De Dennen”. Deze naam is, vanwege de moeilijk internationale uitspraak, veranderd in Hotel “Villa Trompenberg”, wat verwijst naar de geschiedenis van deze villawijk. Villa Trompenberg heeft vele metamorfoses ondergaan om te kunnen voldoen aan de eisen en verwachtingen van zijn tijd. In de afgelopen ruim 138 jaar heeft de villa vele liefdevolle bewoners en vaste gasten aangetrokken en is de villa in het bezit geweest van eigenaren die het beste voorhadden met zowel hun bewoners als met de villa.....

Schermafbeelding 2017-11-09 om 13.13.35.png
WVDE_20180214-253.jpg